Our Sustainability Program
At Paradise, we remain committed to reducing our environmental footprint and protecting nature's resources for future generations. As a socially responsible business partner, we launched a sustainability initiative in 2009. On track to surpass our goals, I want to share our successes over the past 5 years and plans for the future.
Carbon Emissions / Greenhouse Gas Reductions
- Carbon Emissions Reduction of 404,525 Tons of CO2, past 5 years
- Saved Over 50,000 ft3 of Gas Usage in Plants, past 5 years
- Saved Over 65 Million KWHs of Electricity, past 5 years
(Enough to power 25,200 homes per month.)
- Eliminated 32 Million Truck Miles, past 5 years
(Equates to going back & forth from New York City to Los Angeles about 11,500 times.)
Goal: Carbon Emissions - save an additional 10,700 tons over the next 3 years. Reduce trucking miles an additional 278,000 miles thru 2022.
Water Conservation & Reduction
- Reduced Water Use Over 16 Billion Gallons
(Equates to supplying over 5.1 million people with water for one month.)
Goal: Save additional 1 million gallons over next 3 years.
Waste Reduction by Recycling
- Landfill Reduction of More Than 27,000 Tons, past 5 years
(Equates to landfill waste from 699,840 restaurants per year.)
- Over 580,000 Trees Saved by Recycling and Reuse, past 5 years
- Saved Over 1,100 Acres of Forest Trees, past 5 years
Goal: Save 50,000 trees for 94 acres of forest over next 3 years.
No Toxic and/or Hazardous Materials
- Electric Forklifts in Plants, Rechargeable Batteries
- Low NOX Boilers to Reduce Environmental Pollutants, Related to Reduced Carbon Emissions and Public Health
- No Ammonia in Plants Presenting a Hazard to the Environment - Company Best Practices
Goal: Continue to keep facilities free of all toxic and hazardous materials.
- Partnership with Local Energy Company to Utilize Renewable Resources
- Source “Green” Materials for All Facilities
- Sustainability of Cleaning Materials
Increase employee engagement through voluntary sustainability involvement and other efforts such as training, technical video conferencing and on-site meetings