Our Sustainability Program
At Paradise, we are committed to reducing our environmental footprint and protecting nature's resources for future generations. As a socially responsible business partner, we launched a sustainability initiative in 2009. I want to share our successes and plans for the future.
Carbon Emissions / Greenhouse Gas Reductions
- Carbon Emissions Reduction of 454,900 Tons of CO2, past 5 years
- Saved Over 5,050 cu. ft. of Gas Usage per year
- Saved Over 13.1 Million KWHs of Electricity, past 5 years
(Enough to power 5,110 homes per month.)
- Eliminated 13.9 Million Truck Miles, past 5 years
(Equates to going back & forth from New York City to Los Angeles about 4,989 times.)
- Saved 7,100 Tons of Coal, past 5 years
(Equates to 177 forty ton truckloads of coal.)
2017 Goal: Reduce Carbon Emissions by an Additional 8%.
Water Conservation & Reduction
- Reduced Water Use Over 9.66 Billion Gallons
(Equates to supplying 3.2 million people from Los Angeles with water for one month.)
2017 Goal: Reduce Water Usage by an Additional 8%.
Waste Reduction by Recycling
- Landfill Reduction of More Than 12,500 Tons, past 5 years
(Equates to landfill waste from 35,850 restaurants per year.)
- Over 501,700 Trees Saved by Recycling and Reuse, past 5 years
- Saved Over 965 Acres of Forest Trees, past 5 years
2017 Goal: Reduce Waste by an Additional 8%.
No Toxic and/or Hazardous Materials
- Electric Forklifts in Plants, Rechargeable Batteries
- Low NOX Boilers to Reduce Environmental Pollutants, Carbon Emissions
- No Ammonia in Plants, Ensures Employee Safety, Pro Environmental Efforts
2017 Goal: Continue to keep facilities free of all toxic and hazardous
- Partnership with Local Energy Company to Utilize Renewable Resources
- Source “Green” Materials for All Facilities
- Sustainability of Cleaning Materials
Increase employee engagement through voluntary sustainability involvement, awareness programs and other on-site conservation efforts.